[Dxspider-support] Fwd: Strange DXCluster spot frequency rounding

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 10:29:29 BST 2011

 From a concerned user...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Strange DXCluster spot frequency rounding
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 09:18:17 -0000
From: G3XDY <g3xdy at btinternet.com>
To: <djk at tobit.co.uk>

Hi Dirk

I frequently use GB7DJK via DX-Telnet for UHF/Microwave spotting. I have
noticed on several occasions recently that some spots get duplicated with a
rounded up or down frequency. This happened in spades last night.

I spotted DB0GHZ on 10368915.0 at 20:37, this was posted OK
Immediately another spot appeared from my callsign for DB0GHZ on
10368920.0,
5kHz up
I then tried spotting DB0GHZ on 10368914.9, to see if it rounded down to
910 - no, a node somewhere reposted the spot as on 10368920.0 again.

This morning all seems to be behaving as it should.

I would be interested to know if you can trace where the spurious spots are
coming from, and perhaps prevent that node from reposting incorrect
frequencies.

73

John G3XDY