[Dxspider-support] Setup on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit (long)

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:22:41 BST 2011

Ian

I am not that familiar with ubuntu and don't have an ubuntu box to play
with but I would be awfully surprised if you need to install ANYTHING
from CPAN these days to get spider up and running.
Everything you need should be within the package management system
something like apt-get install ncurses should give you what you want

the big advantage to sticking with packages available via the distro
package management system is that regular updates will keep the package
up to date and CPAN installed packages won't later conflict with
versions that the regular package management system pulls in later as
dependencies for other things

Even conservative old centos has everything needed for dxspider in the
repositories these days so I would be a bit stunned if Ubuntu didn't
also

net::telnet is found in
the package libnet-telnet-perl
apt-get install libnet-telnet-perl

job done ;-)

If you are stuck SMS me IP and login details if you like

73
Brendan EI6IZ