[Dxspider-support] IPv6 support?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Wed Apr 27 22:17:05 BST 2011

  I saw some chatter on here recently about a some people that had put up a
dxspider and had it running under IPv6.

 I ask as I have a server up and running that is dual-stack connected, in
fact with some GigE's that are both US and EU connected, so some great
network connectivity on both IPv4 and IPv6.   I have dxspider loaded and
running on a server, and if I use IPv4 all is fine, but if I try and do
anything with IPv6, it just doesn't work.

DXSpider V1.55, build 0.89 (git: a8cf544) started
Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
US Database loaded
starting listeners ...
Internal port: localhost 27754 using IntMsg
IO::Socket::INET6: bind: Can't assign requested address
Could not create socket: Can't assign requested address
 at /spider/perl/Msg.pm line 468
        Msg::new_server('ExtMsg', '2001:550:102:1::11', 7300,
'CODE(0x8010938b8)') called at perl/cluster.pl line 426
Could not create socket: Can't assign requested address

Can anyone here that has IPv6 connectivity working let me know what you did
to get this configured?

Also while I am posting, can anyone with a working IPv6 node provide me with
peering over IPv6?   As I would love to get this up and operational over
IPv6, granted I am happy to provide open access to the node via v4 or v6.   I
have good IPv6 connectivity in the US, and into the UK and France, so
hopefully someone with an operational IPv6 node can provide me with a
connection..

73's de WB3FFV

---
Howard Leadmon - WB3FFV