[Dxspider-support] Second cluster auto start

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Sat Dec 10 17:59:57 GMT 2011

On Dec 10, 2011, at 4:26 AM, Peter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have setup a test server (no connections/users) to figure out how to setup 2 dx-spiders with debian AND auto start.
> The two spides are no problem, but the autostart is an other issue.
>
> Who is willing to have a look and wants to play around on de server to makes this working?
>
> I can give you root/sysop access.
>
> Peter
> PC2A

I recall having a "respawning too fast" problem several years ago.  I don't remember what caused it, but this might have been what I used to fix it--

From the inittab(5) man page:

     wait   The process will be started once when the specified runlevel  is
              entered and init will wait for its termination.

Try this change to /etc/inittab and see if it helps:

dx1:235:respawn:/bin/su -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl" sysop >/dev/null
wait
dx2:235:respawn:/bin/su -c "DXSPIDER_ROOT=/home/sysop2 /usr/bin/perl -w /home/sysop2/spider/perl/cluster.pl" sysop2 >/dev/null

73, Bob N7XY
_____
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300