[Dxspider-support] R: Re: Self Spotting

Luigi - IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 16 19:03:31 GMT 2011

Hello all,

Dirk may be possible to add in spider a $main variable to
enable/disable on the local node the selfspotting ??
This should be
usefull for all the sysops that want and doesn't want on their node the
selfspotting.

73 de Luigi, ik5zuk

hb9dhg at ticino.com
list"<dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
>Ogg: Re: [Dxspider-support] Self
Spotting

>Hi Bob,
>
>I'm assuming you're referring to
set/badspotter.

>My cluster is growing up with self-spotter.
always set those spotter as set/badspotter.
>IMHO, every sysop should
do the same in respect of those acting correctly.
>BTW I would love at
least a new functionality that compare the spotter and the DX station.

>If they are the same, the spot should be ignored.
>
>Does it make
sense ?
>I know that this doesn't resolve the problem (here, as example
.. users of a club are spotting themselves with the club callsign !)

>but at least this is a first step ;-)
>
>Best, Fulvio HB9DHG
>Sysop
HB9ON

wrote:

>>> If I am not mistaken, the network will not allow self
spotting, correct?  I have a user attempting to self spot.

would send a warning message, followed by set/baduser if necessary.