[Dxspider-support] Fwd: DB_File

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Tue Jul 5 18:57:49 BST 2011

On 05/07/11 18:04, Jan PA4JJ wrote:
> No response yet so I post again.
>
> Hello
>
> I am trying to find a correct DB_File to use with dx-spider but I cannot
> find the proper file to run on Windows xp.
> Spend the whole afternoon for searching.
>
> Anyone can send me a link where to get this?

I think that we must retire the suggestion to use activestate perl. I
think its implementation of DB_File is irretrievably broken. There is an
alternative repository for ppm which I believe has versions of DB_file
that work:

> ppm> rep desc theoryx
> Describing Active Repository 2:
>     Name: theoryx
> Location: http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
>     Type: PPMServer 2.0

You may have to poke around the theoryx site (or google) to get to the
correct repository for your version.

A simpler way is uninstall activestate and to use strawberry perl
instead.  http://strawberryperl.com/