[Dxspider-support] CPU usage 100%

Klaus Heintzenberg dj6rx at t-online.de
Mon Jul 18 11:36:50 BST 2011

I try to replace the old PC by a more modern hard and software
but have no luck to get DXSpider run stable. I have no idea
what might be wrong. Perhaps somebody has some advice.

Tried two different mainboard-CPU combinations. The present
CPU is an I3-2100 (4 cores). Software Suse 11.4 64, Bits.

When starting DXSpider, TOP indicates about 1%CPU usage and
less than 2% memory usage, load averages close to 0.00.
All runs fine, no problems show.

After a few hours, between 1 and 20 hours runtime, cpu usage
goes up to 100%, MEM usage still down at 1.2%, load average
1.15. DXSpider just freezes and no warning or error message
anywhere seen.

I have gone thru the installation a few times, but no changes.
It simply quits and one of the 4 cores is 100% busy (0%idle)

The Linux machine itself is still working fine with the remaining
cpu power.

Same situation with another mainbord and a 2 core cpu. Tried
Suse 11.4, 32 and 64 Bits - same problem.

DXSpider runs fine on the old machine; Pentium 4 (1 core) SuSe 11.3

Any idea what to try?

73, Klaus

email:   dj6rx at t-online.de
telefon: 06135950839