[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu 11.04 and MRTG was RE: Ubuntu 11.04 and java applet

Michael A. Serowik maserowik at verizon.net
Thu Jul 21 22:56:44 BST 2011

I originally had my no-ip address in there.  As soon as I switch to the
local ip of the 192.168.1.52 it works.  Thank you for your assistance on
that

I now tried to configure the mrtg and get this message

I did this command first

root at DX-Spider:/home/n3bsq# chmod 01777 /var/lock/mrtg /var/lib/mrtg  - no
errors at all

sysop at DX-Spider:~/perl$ mrtg all
ERROR: Mrtg will most likely not work properly when the environment
       variable LANG is set to UTF-8. Please run mrtg in an environment
       where this is not the case. Try the following command to start:

       env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg all
sysop at DX-Spider:~/perl$ env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg all
ERROR: unable to open config file: all
sysop at DX-Spider:~/perl$

Thanks in advance