[Dxspider-support] First time newbie

Philip Gladstone philip at gladstonefamily.net
Fri Mar 4 02:44:29 GMT 2011

I've just installed the DXSpider software from the current git
repository. All looks good, but when I enable the listeners (to provide
direct telnet access), I find that the cluster program is actually doing
remote echo.

Is the recommended way of interacting to use the client program (from
inetd) or enable the cluster listener in Listeners.pm?

Thanks

Philip

p.s. I'm intending to use this to provide a cluster interface onto the
pskreporter.info database of spots (which I also run). Any suggestions
on how to get the data into DXCluster gratefully received. It seems
rather crude to have a client just blast the spots in. Maybe it should
emulate another node in the cluster......