[Dxspider-support] Skimmers

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Sun Mar 20 18:15:02 GMT 2011

He seems to be happily distributing those skimmer spots to 60+ people
using (a slightly modified version of) DXSpider. The mod he has made (to
allow, or cause, the '-#' to be appended to the spotter call) should
prevent these spots leaking, even if one did connect a vanilla DXSpider
instance to it.

I'd be curious to see his CPU usage.

I should be able make DXSpider considerably faster (on a linux box, at
least) if I were pushed. If nothing else, I could probably make it run
on all the cores simultaneously, if there really was a need.

Dirk