[Dxspider-support] SWL cluster

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Mon May 2 09:38:51 BST 2011

Hi all,
I have been thinking about this for a while and I have had several requests recently so I thought it was about time to bring up the subject again.
I now have GB7MBC hosted and so I have the ability and bandwidth to run up a second copy of Spider and set it up as an isolated node for the task.
So, the question is twofold (you can maybe think of more!)

1. What do the uses use as a 'callsign' ?
2. Could the existing callsign checking be perhaps overridden to enable first name logins? (Is this even a good idea?).  I would be using the usual registration system.

Thoughts please?

73 Ian
--
Ian J Maude, G0VGS