[Dxspider-support] SuSE 12.1

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 22:09:50 GMT 2011

I believe Suse is still using the /etc/event.d directory and look
for tty1, tty2, tty3, etc. in it.

Open for example tty4 with an editor and hash out or replace

exec /sbin/getty 38400 tty4  (I believe Suse is using mingetty instead of getty)

with for example (running under user "hamradio" in my case)

exec  /bin/su - hamradio -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl">/dev/tty4

Start & Stop tty4

I believe Suse is also using initctl to start/stop tty's

initctl stop tty4
initctl start tty4

73,

Bob VE3TOK