[Dxspider-support] Bug in DX cluster software

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 13:40:02 BST 2011

Martin

Having looked at the various bandplans out there, I have changed the 40m
band plan (nearly) as you suggest. I have, however, increased the data
modes section to 7100 because of the digi voice centre of activity at
7070. Technically, both rtty and data should be increased to the top
limit of the all modes section. However, it seems that this might simply
cause confusion in use, so I will leave it alone until someone else
complains.

There is a case for adding a "qrp", "digivoice" (any shorter naming
suggestions welcome) or any other common mode's "usual operating
subbands" to the band.pl. If this appeals to people and they can give me
the subband limits, I will put them in.

Please remember this feature is really only much use for sh/dx and
filtering - to allow users to target their chosen data quickly - it is
*NOT* meant to be a definite bandplan or staking out of "territory" by
one mode or another. It is there entirely for the convenience of our users.

Finally: this is not a "bug". Please don't mark email as such unless it
truly is a bug, I get unnecessary nervous otherwise :-)

Dirk G1TLH