[Dxspider-support] cluster.pl requires root

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Wed Apr 25 18:10:18 BST 2012

Hmmm...

If you are logged in as 'sysop' and your upstart / initrc start up
starts cluster.pl as 'sysop' then doing a chmod with some other group
(PROVIDED it exists) will make no difference.

I presume therefore that what you mean is that the chmod command failed
because the 'spider' group does not exist, rather than the chmod
succeeded but didn't improve the situation.

But it is good that you are now sorted.

Dirk