[Dxspider-support] Spider DXCluster Runing on Raspberry Pi

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Tue Aug 14 23:18:49 BST 2012

On Aug 14, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Mike Lewis <mlewis at digitalglobe.com> wrote:

> Got my cluster up and running on a raspberry Pi board with out a lot of trouble. Has been running with no issues for over a week. Will have to see how it runs when it is truly loaded, but so far no complaints and a lot nicer than having to use a full up computer with a spinning disk and fans for the task.
>
> De KE0MF/Mike
> KE0MF-15 Spider Node

That is to be expected.  I have run DXSpider on both a SheevaPlug and a Seagate Dockstar (both use a Marvell ARM chip) for a few years now and it has been rock solid.  I currently use a small WD Passport USB hard drive but have also tried a USB thumb drive (and a SD card on the Sheevaplug) with good results.  If I didn't already have these, I would use a Raspberry Pi.

73, Bob N7XY
_____
Licensed since 1952
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300