[Dxspider-support] Cluster question

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Dec 31 19:29:23 GMT 2012

On 31/12/12 19:21, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On 31/12/12 19:05, Roger Martin wrote:
>>
>> I am logged into my cluster Node W5LW-3 and I am getting spots from
>> all over USA, Europe, Asia etc. How do I limit what I see (at least on
>> the telnet computer) to just USA, Canada, central south America spots,
>> All the European spots are confusing when chasing DX, they will hear a
>> DX contact and spot it and when I go to the freq their not there and
>> then I notice it’s a European spot. Thanks
>>

> The easiest way is to do something like:
>
>    accept/spot by_zone 1,2,3,4,5,6
>
> adding as many of 7,8,9,10,12,13 as you want to the above list.
>
> See the map at:
>
>    http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/maps/cqzone.php
>
> for what area each zone covers.
>
> See:
>
> help accept/spot
>
> for more information.

I should add that this will do it just for your callsign. If you want to
create a policy for your whole node, then you need to do:

    accept/spot node_default by_zone 1,2,3,4,5,6

This will cause the node throw away any spots that are not in these
zones. No user of your node will then see any spots outside this area.
If this is too draconian then you can create a default filter for all users:

    accept/spot user_default by_zone 1,2,3,4,5,6

This will apparently have the same effect except the node does NOT throw
away the spots, but the default action for any USER is to throw them
away instead.

The user can then override this with whatever spot filter (s)he wants.

See:

http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/DXSpider_Filtering_Manual

for more details (than you are ever likely to want).

Dirk G1TLH