[Dxspider-support] MYSQL duplication/mass insertion on restart

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Tue Feb 14 17:43:14 GMT 2012

On 14/02/12 16:37, Jason R Begley wrote:
> I am back-ending my cluster server into mysql, and when I restart the
> cluster server all the spots get re-insterted into mysql (duplication I
> believe). I dont know if I missed something in my setup, but even if it
> is doing a drop and re-insert with only 100+ days of spots it takes
> around an hour. Any help is appreciated.

Er...

This being completely undocumented and therefore unsupported, you get to
keep all the pieces when it breaks.

Having said that, I am curious as to where it is getting these spots
from. AFAIK (or remember anyway) there isn't any spot conversion
process, as there is (for example) when I change the user file backend.
So, just at the moment I am mystified as to where it would be getting
these spots from.

What I suggest you do is run it under the debugger:

perl -d cluster.pl
DB<1> r

and, when it is settled in doing whatever it is doing, then do a ^C and
collect the call trace:

DB<1> T

continue

DB<1> c

and maybe do the ^C/T/c thing two or three times more to get a
representative sample, then send it to me and maybe I can get to bottom
of it for you.

73 Dirk