[Dxspider-support] How to set up auto restart of DX spider in Centos 6?

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Mon Jan 9 11:49:03 GMT 2012

Adding the script to init.d is step one. You need to enable the
"service" using a runlevel editor like chkconfig. You can start the
cluster using "service start dxspider".

chkconfig will create a link to the script (in init.d) in one or more of
the runlevel directories (rc0.d through rc5.d). When the system boots it
will run the scripts in the rc directory that corresponds to the
runlevel. In general, you should probably have dxspider start in
runlevels 3 (non-graphical) and 5 (graphical).

Mike, W1NR