[Dxspider-support] How to set up auto restart of DX spider in Centos 6?

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Mon Jan 9 14:10:03 GMT 2012

Just a clarification. This is not new. It is actually called SYSV init
and was cloned from the Unix SYSV system initialization scheme. It has
been in Linux as long as I can recall.

Most distributions are dumping inittab in favor of the SYSV start
scripts. But the syntax of the scripts can vary widely from distro to
distro. Inittab was nearly universal. I don't understand why the need to
completely dump inittab...

Mike, W1NR