[Dxspider-support] client connects, telnet not

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Jun 4 13:46:32 BST 2012

On 04/06/12 13:33, Ton Machielsen wrote:
> Yes Dirk, it is. I found that out now. I was assuming that if in the
> source code it was commented out and in the manual nothing is said to
> remove the #, that it was just a left-over.

I hope that you did what the instructions said and copied Listeners.pm
to /spider/local before you edited it.

The point of the # is that some people don't want to have a telnet
listener. These days that number of such people can probably be counted
on one or maybe two hands, but it used to be many more.

Therefore the 'issue' version in /spider/perl has the '#'. It was done
that way before I knew any better.

> All working!

Good.