[Dxspider-support] Help

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Thu Mar 15 00:42:29 GMT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 11:56 AM, N2FJ wrote:

> Hello everyone... Iam new to Linux and have installed Ubuntu to run dx spider... I have tried to find a dx spider install using Ubuntu for dummies but have not had any luck... Is anyone using Ubuntu with their cluster that can help a Linux newbie get it installed
>
> Thanks and 73,
> Fred N2FJ

I recommend that you look at the installation and administration manuals in the wiki <http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/Main_Page>.  The information there is more recent than the separate manual files.  In particular, for Ubuntu you need to install the Perl modules by invoking:

sudo apt-get install libtimedate-perl libnet-telnet-perl libcurses-perl libdigest-sha1-perl

73, Bob N7XY
_____
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300