[Dxspider-support] Spots not go out to the users

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 23:01:18 GMT 2012

you might also want to tail the audit log to check for avc denials

#tail -f /var/log/audit/audit.log |grep avc

avc denined would point to a misconfigured or too restrictive selinux
policy being in place.

to debug further/rule this out you can set selinux to permissive mode

#setenforce 0
and restart the cluster

selinux will then continue to log the errors but not actually enforce
the policy rules

I've not seen issues with selinux and dxpsider but you may run into
issues if the /home/spider (and sub directories ) were mislabled (or not
labelled at all )

to apply the default labels

# restorecon -r /home/sysop

then restart the cluster

the default labels look like this on my test box

[root at dhcp-205 ~]# ls -Z /home/sysop/spider/data/spots/
drwxrwsr-x. sysop spider system_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 2012

If it turns out to be an selinux issue, I'd be most interested in
hearing about it.

you can read more on selinux here
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux

Generally Selinux is a good thing to have on a machine that is going to
be accessible from the internet.

73
Brendan EI6IZ

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 21:11 +0000, Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
> Do a set/debug chanerr
>
> and study the debug log files.
>
> On 16/03/12 19:40, Alex Savenok wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I still have a problem with my dxspider on my development local server
> > (dxspider v1.55 build 0.104, Centos5.5 via VMware).
> >
> > Despite the fact that I see received spots in the debug log, the
> > /spider/data/spots/2012 directory is still empty.
> > I did chmod -R 777 for spots folder, but dxspider still doesn't write
> > any dat file there.
> >
> > I'll be happy to get any idea// about how to solve this issue.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Alex
> > 4Z5LZ-2
> >

> >     On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Alex Savenok <sawenok at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:sawenok at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >         the time zone is also ok
> >

> >         On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Mike McCarthy, W1NR
> >         <lists at w1nr.net <mailto:lists at w1nr.net>> wrote:
> >
> >             Time zone is wrong?
> >
> >             Mike, W1NR
> >

> >             On 3/4/2012 5:23 PM, Alex Savenok wrote:
> >>             Hi!
> >>
> >>             *It seems I have something missing on the node configuration.
> >>             I have installed dxspider on my development local server.
> >>             This node receives spots from my live node (4Z5LZ-2).
> >>             I see received spots in debug log, but none go out to the
> >>             connected user (in console too). The server's clock is
> >>             synchronized with NTP, therefore I think there is another
> >>             problem.
> >>             What's can be wrong?*
> >>
> >>             Thanks,
> >>             Alex