[Dxspider-support] Is the usdbraw.gz being maintained?

Laurie, VK3AMA vk3ama at vkdxer.net
Sun Oct 7 06:41:12 BST 2012

Today, while pursuing an issue with a AH0KT (Mariana Is) spot, from my
Spider node, being displayed as the United States in the CC User
(ARUser) program. Lee, VE7CC, advised that this is due to the CC11 data
not specify a State, despite the correct KH0 prefix being present in the
data and indicated that my Spider USDB was old.

I downloaded the latest from here ftp://ftp.w1nr.net/usdbraw.gz (is that
the correct file?) and performed the necessary create_usdb.pl and load/usdb.

Performing a sh/usdb AH0KT on the console returned "Not Found".

An FCC lookup of AH0KT produced the following - Issued: 03/08/2011 and
Expires: 03/08/2021 which suggest that the usdbraw.gz is at least 12
months out of date. Am I correct or am I missing something? Is the file
still being maintained?

Regards
de Laurie, VK3AMA