[Dxspider-support] Kill connection befor timeout

Walter Dallmeier walter.dallmeier at dl4rck.de
Sun Oct 28 10:47:41 GMT 2012

Hello,

I am new on this list.
My name is Walter, DL4RCK. I have programmed a digital skimmer software
named RCKskimmer for RTTY, PSKx, BPSKx, QPSKx, ... (www.dl4rck.de) .
Therefor I programmed a DX-cluster node-system specially featured for
RCKskimmer. You can reach it at dl4rck.ham-radio-op.net  Port:8000 .
Recently I add a DXspider interface (PCxx) to my cluster system to send
digital spots from the users entered by hand from there. It is working well.
(Note: The skimmer spots are isolated from the DXspider-System.)

Now I have a problem, I have no permanent IP and my internet provider cut my
connection one time each 24h. After the connection comes back (<1 min) I
would like to reconnect to the DX-spider system. But I get the message
"Sorry DL4RCK-13 you are already connected elsewhere on the cluster".
It takes up to 10 min. for the reconnection. It seems to be 2x the
Ping-sequence (PC51).

Now my question: Is it possible to kill the previous connection by a
command-sequence from me?

Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

73 de Walter, DL4RCK