[Dxspider-support] Building new PI Cluster

Michael Walker mike at portcredit.net
Thu Apr 4 14:40:50 BST 2013

Thanks Keith

I did figure out the 'sha' problem and made the same diagnosis you did.  It
must come from those days of getting CLX up and running.  :)

I'm pretty sure I got the directory issue figured out, and while I didn't
do it the way you recommend, I was successful late last night.

I then saved the image at the point that you need to edit DXVars.pm.  So,
if anyone wants a 4G Pi image with DX Spider on it, let me know and I will
park it on my FTP site.

If I want to clone my current system over to this system, do I just have to
tar up everything in /spider and copy it over?

Mike va3mw

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM, keith kan <g7vtu at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> If your following the script from from off the web (N6)
> which is good I found two minor changes I needed.
>
> 1) After the git command line insert an additional command line.
> (assuming your root or superuser status) or simple start with sudo
> thus
> in the sysop directory   "sudo mkdir spider" (without the quotes)
> This makes the spider directory that is missing thus your failure.
>
> 2) Prior the libdiest-sha1-perl is missing searching the web I understood
>     there was a bug thus the file was removed. I have used the sha file
> which
>     appears to have replaced it.
>     sudo apt-get install libdigest-sha-perl
>
> Hope that helps.  Built this configuration on a range of 8gb and 16gb SD
> and micro sdhc/adaptor cards all working or at least DXSpider other
> failures
> which I have encountered. Part of the hobby a learning process.
>
> Regards,   Keith gb7dxy

Michael Walker

*Michael Walker Technology *
*