[Dxspider-support] "keep alive" messages ?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 08:25:21 BST 2013

On 28/07/13 23:09, Aurelio - PC5A wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> The current syntax I have in my DXVars.pm =
> $user_interval = 11*60;
>
> Does this mean 11 times in 60 minute period ,
> or
> 11*60 = every 11 minutes?
> or...

All intervals in DXSpider are measured in seconds. Sometimes fractions
of a second (but very rarely). The syntax is there really for my
benefit, because I can't easily divide by 60 in my head. You will see
stuff like xx*60 or yy*3600 or even zz*86400 (minutes, hours and days)
all over the code.

If you want to set them to something (say with a set/var on startup),
then it is perfectly legal to do the same sort of thing there.

73 Dirk