[Dxspider-support] Fwd: wpxloc and unknown prefix when loading cty.dat

Strick gotdablues at gmail.com
Sat May 11 15:47:19 BST 2013

I frequently forget the steps so here is a lightly-edited text file I keep
on my server and in my email folder as a reminder.  Usual disclaimers, &tc.
Regards,
Bill
K4DX

Go to:
http://www.country-files.com/wpxloc/release.htm
The link at the top of this web page points to the most recent version of
the file that you need.  As of this writing, "18 September 2012" is the
link.  The name of the file you will download is of the form WPXLOC_<some
date>.zip. Download this file to /spider/data, delete the old wpxloc.raw,
and unzip the new version.

Run the create_prefix script again ("Unknown prefix..." should be gone
now).  Logon the cluster and run "load/prefix", then run "show/head
version" to verify the entity as specified.