[Dxspider-support] ED7ZAB-5 EA7URC-5 DXCluster and XNode closing.

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Mon May 27 22:31:28 BST 2013

Hi.

Not sure if anyone else have received the following mail. And it isn't exactly dxspider related.

But thought that it might be of interest to some sysops, as ED7ZAB-5 has a lot of users and
links all over the world.

Looks like since the old sysop, Angel, stopped as sysop for the system, they have not been
able to find anyone to maintain the linux system. Therefore they have decided to move the
WEB service to a Windows platform, and close down all other services, such as dxspider
and xnode.

Here is the mail I received.

-----

In the U.R.C. ever since 20 years we bet loudly for the DxCluster, being
pioneers in Spain in this technology. During this time we have obtained a
very stable system and fruit of it has been the quantity of DxClusters and
users who have connected and still continue doing it. This stability of the
system has been confirmed in the latter year, since it is totally
disregarded and without any maintenance, all this since the sysop was
resigning his post. The system under Linux has confirmed his fully
capability and reliability. It continues working on autonomous form, the URC
had raise not to continue  the system due to the  lack of partners who know
these operating system and who want to take charge of his maintenance.

The own servant lodges also the WEB services of our association
www.ea7urc.org  We are working to change it to Windows Server and the
migration contemplates only the WEB services. This migth hapend soon in
time (we calculate that occurs on a few weeks), services,  DxCluster and the
XNode will be swchit off.

We want to give you them thanks to all that you trusted in us, for so many
years. Also to the University of Cordoba who is still us providing housing
of our systems and a connection to  Internet.

Many thanks to all.

The Board of directors of Union de Radioaficionados de Cordoba (U.R.C.)

-----

There is no exact date, and who knows, maybe they will find a solution before closing time
has arrived.

Vy 73 de René / OZ1LQH