[Dxspider-support] R: ED7ZAB-5 EA7URC-5 DXCluster and XNode closing. (links needed!)

Luigi Carlotto IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Tue May 28 19:24:59 BST 2013

Hello,
if you want a link with my spider IK5ZUK-6, please contact me off-list (ik5zuk at tiscali.it).

73 de Luigi, IK5ZUK

----Messaggio originale----
Da: cs5sel at gmail.com
Data: 28/05/2013 20.07
A: "The DXSpider Support list"<dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
Ogg: [Dxspider-support] ED7ZAB-5 EA7URC-5 DXCluster and XNode closing.	(links needed!)

Thank you for the information.

ED7ZAB-5 has been one of our (CS5SEL-5) DXCluster upstream peers for
many years with the link very stable, we are sad to see it gone.
Thanks to them for the past service!

At the moment I still see it connected, probably will be closed in the
next days.

At this time we have active links for:
Callsign Type Started            RTT Count Int.  Ping Iso? In  Out PC92?
ED7ZAB-5 DXSP 22-Apr-2013 1305Z    0.19   2    300    19               Y
F1OYP-8 DXSP 26-May-2013 1856Z    0.40   2    300   299               Y
ON6LR-5 DXSP 28-May-2013 1610Z    0.16   2    300   189               Y
VE7CC-1 DXSP 25-May-2013 0413Z    0.27   2    300    99               Y

We would like to compensate the loss and add one or two additional links
to Europe, preference goes to "hub" central nodes and locations within
academic networks (low RTT to us). ##IPv6## or IPv4 connectivity available.

Anyone available/interested?

Regards!
73! de CT7ABP

On 27-05-2013 22:31, Rene Olsen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Not sure if anyone else have received the following mail. And it isn't exactly dxspider related.
>
> But thought that it might be of interest to some sysops, as ED7ZAB-5 has a lot of users and
> links all over the world.
>
> Looks like since the old sysop, Angel, stopped as sysop for the system, they have not been
> able to find anyone to maintain the linux system. Therefore they have decided to move the
> WEB service to a Windows platform, and close down all other services, such as dxspider
> and xnode.
>
> Here is the mail I received.
>
> -----
>
> In the U.R.C. ever since 20 years we bet loudly for the DxCluster, being
> pioneers in Spain in this technology. During this time we have obtained a
> very stable system and fruit of it has been the quantity of DxClusters and
> users who have connected and still continue doing it. This stability of the
> system has been confirmed in the latter year, since it is totally
> disregarded and without any maintenance, all this since the sysop was
> resigning his post. The system under Linux has confirmed his fully
> capability and reliability. It continues working on autonomous form, the URC
> had raise not to continue  the system due to the  lack of partners who know
> these operating system and who want to take charge of his maintenance.
>
> The own servant lodges also the WEB services of our association
> www.ea7urc.org  We are working to change it to Windows Server and the
> migration contemplates only the WEB services. This migth hapend soon in
> time (we calculate that occurs on a few weeks), services,  DxCluster and the
> XNode will be swchit off.
>
> We want to give you them thanks to all that you trusted in us, for so many
> years. Also to the University of Cordoba who is still us providing housing
> of our systems and a connection to  Internet.
>
> Many thanks to all.
>
> The Board of directors of Union de Radioaficionados de Cordoba (U.R.C.)
>
> -----
>
> There is no exact date, and who knows, maybe they will find a solution before closing time
> has arrived.
>
> Vy 73 de René / OZ1LQH

Senza L’IMU il mercato immobiliare potrebbe riprendersi.
Inizia ora la ricerca della tua Casa!  http://tiscali.casa.it/vendita?partner=Tiscali