[Dxspider-support] crontab help

David Spoelstra davids at mediamachine.com
Mon Nov 11 22:39:59 GMT 2013

>From a posting from Dirk many years ago I have the following in my
/spider/local_cmd/crontab:

# min, hour, day-of-month, month, day-of-week (0=Sun) command

# Connect to other nodes
* * * * * start_connect('w9zrx') unless connected('w9zrx')
* * * * * start_connect('k9usa') unless connected('k9usa')

# Get latest FCC data
0 1 * * 0 spawn('cd /tmp; wget -qN ftp://ftp.w1nr.net/usdbraw.gz;
/spider/perl/create_usdb.pl usdbraw.gz')
30 1 * * 0 run_cmd("load/usdb")

I believe it's running OK because I can disconnect w9zrx or k9usa and
they are reconnected within a minute.

However, if I look a few minutes past 1am Sunday, I never see
/tmp/usdbraw.gz so it doesn't seem like that is working.  What am I
doing wrong.  If I execute the commands on the command line, they work
ok.

Thanks!
-David