[Dxspider-support] Modify CC11 string?

Michael G. Carper mike at wa9pie.net
Mon Oct 7 08:13:31 BST 2013

Actually, what I'm finding is that the "spotter US/VE state/province" in my
cluster server (and N9KT's) is blank.  But the HB9DRV cluster server has
data in that position.

Two questions:

One - does anyone know why that field wouldn't be populated?

Two - even in the HB9DRV server (where there IS data in this field), it's
not populated with accurate data.  That is - for example, it shows my call
(WA9PIE) as "IL" (Illinois-K).  The fact is, I live in Texas and I've never
lived in the State of Illinois.  The same scenario is true for other calls
where people have moved.  So it appears that - when it IS populated - it's
populated from some default.  Whereas, CC Cluster seems to be doing some
sort of lookup to find out that the correct State is Texas (for example).

Does anyone have any background on this?

Mike, WA9PIE