[Dxspider-support] Skimmer spots

Michael G. Carper mike at wa9pie.net
Sat Oct 12 18:50:40 BST 2013

Understood, Dirk.  And I agree completely.

I thought the node could be setup for "inbound only".  That was my thinking.

I still don't have it working.  I created a connect script as follows
(script name wb5vzl):
timeout 15
connect telnet telnet.reversebeacon.net 7000
'callsign: ' 'WA9PIE-2'

I did "set/node wb5vzl" at the console prompt.
I did "connect wb5vzl" at the console prompt.

But I'm CentOS here... so I'm not using Wintelnetx.  But I suppose I can
"set/isolate wb5vzl" regardless.

Ideally, it would be great to be able to turn the skimmer spots on/off
somehow (maybe by issuing a "disconnect wb5vzl" at some point later.

I can't "see" the connection after I issue the connect command... but I
don't see the spots.  So I can't tell what's preventing the spots from
coming.

Mike, WA9PIE