[Dxspider-support] Followup to "Not Allowed"

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 08:43:04 BST 2013

On 11/09/13 02:49, David Spoelstra wrote:
> Dirk-
>
> Yes, I agree.  I can do it just fine on my other two Ubuntu boxes.
> This is a Centos box.  There must be something different, but I can't
> figure out what it is...
>
> -David
>
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hmm....
>>
>> Getting slightly confused by this.
>>
>> The correct way to set a password is (as documented in HELP SET/PASSWORD)
>> is:
>>
>> set/password wa9pie fred bloggs was here
>>
>> Yet you say he is a sysop and he can't do it. Yet on my (linux) box I can do
>> it just fine.
>>
>> Dirk
>>

>> On 10/09/13 03:41, David Spoelstra wrote:
>>>
>>> I did and I still get "Not Allowed".

Does this box have cPanel on it? The perl that comes with a recent (but
not the latest) release of cPanel is broken. This brokenness exhibits
itself as problems with user related actions. Having said that, it
usually barfs immediately on startup demanding that you run
create_sysop.pl after RTFM.

I have been doing some work on the code recently (and will continue to
do so), have you got some intermediate version? (But I have not been
fiddling with that bit :-)

Can I look at (ssh into) this Centos box?