[Dxspider-support] Locator in the Sposts

Michael Carper mike at wa9pie.net
Thu Dec 11 15:40:25 GMT 2014

When the user (licensee) who owns a particular call sends "set/qra" with
their grid (in my case, "set/qra EM13of", then FOR THE CLUSTER NODE THAT
RECEIVED THIS COMMAND (the "home node" that the user is connect to)... and
I think nodes that are directly connected to that node... the grid is
provided.  (I don't think it comes from any country data on the node.)

This is why - for some operators who have entered the wrong grid -
connected stations may not have proper heading and distance (if their
software is using grid to determine it).

For example... recently there were complaints that the heading and distance
were coming up wrong for ZD7FT... but only when connected to certain
cluster nodes.  As it turned out, someone connected to a cluster with the
ZD7FT callsign and set the QRA to JO21ri (which is somewhere in Europe...
no on St. Helena).

Mike, WA9PIE