[Dxspider-support] Country prefixes

Laurie, VK3AMA _vk3ama_ at vkdxer.net
Thu Feb 13 01:22:57 GMT 2014

Dirk,

There is a problem with the wpxloc.raw file in that several of the
Entities use a prefix that is no longer compatible with the cty.dat file.

I notice this when connected to my DXSpider node using ARUser. The CC11
messages received have the incorrect (old?) prefix resulting in no
display of the Country name.

Some recent changes I have made....
> Name, wpxloc prefix -> cty.dat prefix
> Cuba, CO -> CM
> Amsterdam Is, FT8Z -> FT/Z
> Hong Kong, VS -> VR
> Macao, XX -> XX9
> Alaska, KL7 -> KL
> ITU, 4U/I -> 4U1I
> Uzbekistan, UJ -> UK

I have been manually updating my wpxloc.raw file whenever I notice the
missing Entity name in ARUser. I have been intending to sit down one day
and check each entity in wpxloc.raw and correct all the errors and post
a correction to this list, but haven't found the time.

de Laurie VK3AMA