[Dxspider-support] Re : Re: Implemantion an external "DX by" perl command ?

Christian FURST cchristf at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 12 18:50:14 GMT 2014

Dirk,

I just have update dxspider with git command (like you discribe on installation page http://www.dxcluster.org/download/). Your update noticed by " HEAD is now at 536ca8c fix dx and import_cmd problems" is installed.

And is now the "sysop" cmd_import/cmd_extra works well !

 'save /tmp/return.txt "DX BY N2CAL N1DX 21123" '

The return file is created, totally empty, indicating that everything went well. The spot is done.

Also the cmd_import/N2CAL with  "DX N1DX 21123" is working well.

The sh/log command returns
for 1st "sysop" example :  Import cmd cmd_extra/M1SYSOP:
for 2nd example :Run import cmd file N2CAL

And as I understood, we can not know the return status execution of a command launch by callsign. The ' save <file> "command" ' command is inoperand in this case.

To be clear, when i give N2CALL or M1SYSOP, of course my real test was made with true callsign (mine), and also true DX station on the air.

Thank you very much for your availability to answer to my questions, and speed to establish the bug. Sorry about some mistakes in my english. I will be able to progress on my project, using the power and robustness of your cluster solution, in the spirit of amateur.

Chris

Le Dimanche 12 janvier 2014 17h55, Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk> a écrit :

On 12/01/14 15:17, Christian FURST wrote:

> Dirk, thanks for answer.
>
> I had tried the 'sysop' file because using the named callsign file do
> not give result. I was just retrying the DX command like you just tell
> me (DX BY N2DX N1CALL 21123), but no spot was created.

The named callsign will work PROVIDED that user exists in the user file.
If the user does not exist then an error will logged (sh/log or just
look at the debugging).

> This way, i could have debugging information, as you indicated : On my
> side the echo command is well executed. We can see the first line
> echoing in return.txt.

Yes, but it doesn't do anything else. I was confused by this.

> In brief, my lasts tests with DX parameter order, give same results :
> 1) the file cmd_import/n2call inside which there is 'DX N1DX 21123'
> don't give spot
> 2) the file cmd_import/n2call inside which there is 'save
> /tmp/return.txt "DX N1DX 21123 " ' don't give a spot, and
> /tmp/return.txt is not created

N2CALL does not exist, therefore no spot is generated and an error is
logged for all of the above.

> 3) the file cmd_import/test_cmd inside which there is
> 'save /tmp/return.txt "DX N1DX 21123 BY N2CALL " '
> or
> 'save /tmp/return.txt "DX BY N2CALL N1DX 21123  " '
> or
> 'save /tmp/return.txt "DX BY N2CALL 21123 N1DX " '
>
> don't give a spot, and fill /tmp/return.txt with this error :
> Can't call method "peerhost" without a package or object reference at
> (eval 126) line 125.
>   at /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm line 528

This is a bug in the software, which is now fixed. Also a more serious
import_cmd bug has been found and fixed at the same time. Please update
your software.

As a general principle, please do not send spots from "unknown"
callsigns out into the cluster cloud. This creates these users on the
network and may cause confusion or even trouble should that user ever
decide to start using the cluster. This has happened more than once and
they (rightfully) get annoyed.