[Dxspider-support] Adding ^mode^?

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 22 22:09:14 GMT 2014

Mike, FYI the CC11 data is not exchanged between cluster nodes.  Cluster nodes exchange PC11/PC61 data, which contains a bare minimum of information.

I am against having a separate ^mode^ field.  Having the mode in the comments allows this data to easily pass through all existing cluster nodes.  It is easy to detect and add mode to the comments field.  It is best if it is the first word, but even if not, it still is easy to find.

With a separate PC11/PC61 ^mode^ field, this field would be dropped by all nodes that do not support ^mode^.  So even if the originating node included ^mode^ and other nodes could use this data, it is possible that the ^mode^ could be dropped before it got to all of them.

The CC11 data is currently sent in only one direction.  From the cluster node to the user.  It does not support user to cluster.  This can of course be fixed, but requires software changes.  These changes always end up being more difficult than they first appear.

Lee