[Dxspider-support] Limit logging

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Jan 25 15:52:22 GMT 2014

Hi

Thanks to the excellent guide provided by N6WS, I installed and run a
DXSpider node on a Rasberry Pi model A, with a Wi-Fi link to my LAN.

As I'm a concerned by the lifetime of the SD card, I'm wondering if
there are options to limit the amount of data written for logging ? I
already reduced the debug level to a minimum (only connect), but can't
find such commands for logs. I already tried to chmod the /logs
directory to prevent any write, but spider.pl considers it an an error
and stops. Another idea would be to replace the *.dat file by a symbolic
link to /dev/null (not tested yet) and create it within a cron job.

Any idea on this topic please ?

Thanks and 73

Larry - F6FVY

--
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the
product being sold.- Andrew Lewis