[Dxspider-support] Help Please

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:51:28 BST 2014

You log yourself in as the callsign you entered in $myalias in
DXVars.pm, hopefully you have set $mycall to something like 'NA7KR-2'
and your $myalias as 'NA7KR'. The '-2' could reasonably be anything up
to  '-8', but '-2' is the normal case.

Please look at http://wiki.dxcluster.org for more instructions.

As for error messages, it is very difficult to deal with some "errors".
Especially ones I have never encountered before. Just right now, I am
curious as to why it is trying to write anything in /var/tmp. I know I
was 60 this year (a general excuse I am happy to trot out on any
suitable occasion) but I not aware of anything in DXSpider itself that
writes to /var/tmp.

If one has mrtg installed, it (rather than DXSpider) *may* write stuff
there (and there are some issues with mrtg that documented in the
installation manual) but I don't think that is the case. And anyway, it
would not stop DXSpider running, just mrtg.

Regards

Dirk G1TLH