[Dxspider-support] create messages from linux

Tom wb8zrl at southslope.net
Mon Jun 30 18:27:26 BST 2014

On Friday, June 27, 2014 09:16:45 pm IZ5FSA wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> Is there a way to load a new message via an external script under linux
> systems?
>
> I want to feed our local bulletin automatically...
>
> I have not found any "tips&triks" about it...
>
> 73 de Leo IZ5FSA
Leo

There is a hint in the admin manual with the    export   command.  Para 11.55

Take your bulletin file and add two lines at the beginning of the file.  The first line contains an SB
or SP depending on whether it is a bulletin or a private msg.  Followed by the call of the addressee (or
a generic like ALL) (more than one addressee can be listed with separating spaces.  Optionally the line
can end with a less than sign    <     and the call of the originator of the msg.    I think this line
needs to be all upper case.

A second line contains only the subject you assign to the msg.  Lower case is OK.

Now put this file into     /spider/msg/import         I create this file in a work directory and then
mv   it into /spider/msg/import.   This is to avoid the possibility of spider checking and finding the
file while am in the middle of creating it.

As an example, export an existing bulletin file and look at that export with something like less.

           gl and 73       tom   WB8ZRL