[Dxspider-support] My DXSpider won't start

Jose Ng Lee hp2cwb at cwpanama.net
Wed Mar 5 15:32:04 GMT 2014

Many thanks Dirk,

I tried:

login as the sysop user.

cd /spider
git reset --hard
git pull

I got 2 warning message regarding moving or deleting:

cmd/get/keps.pl
perl/Asyncmsg.pm

So, I searched google and tried the other instructions:

1. login as the sysop user
2. git clone git://scm.dxcluster.org/scm/spider spider.new
3. cp -a spider.new/.git /spider
4. rm -rf spider.new
5 cd /spider
6. git reset --hard

Now, doing "git reset --hard" get this message:

sysop at hp2at:/spider$ git reset --hard
error: unable to create file cmd/get/keps.pl (Permission denied)
fatal: Could not reset index file to revision 'HEAD'.
sysop at hp2at:/spider$

Doing "git pull":

sysop at hp2at:/spider$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
sysop at hp2at:/spider$

So, got the latest update.  Tried, and now everything is OK and DXSpider
working.

Yesterday, something was wrong with my DXS not respawning so did a CVS
update and mess something up. Tried the new method git to update and now is
OK.

73s Jose / HP2AT