[Dxspider-support] Exporting Spots from DXSpider

Tobias Wellnitz tobias.wellnitz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:44:53 BST 2014

Hi,

I'm operating dxheat.com, a Web based DX Cluster. The interface to the
dx-cluster is a local instance of DX Spider (DH1TW-2) which runs very
stable.

In order to export the DX Spots from DX Spider into my Web Framework, I've
written a python script which connects via telnet to my local DX Spider and
then parses the spots. Despite that it's working ok, I'm looking for better
alternatives.

I think the PC11 and PC61 messages are better suited, because they have a
delimiting character (^) between the messages. So I marked my python script
user as a dxspider link partner and just connected again through telnet.
This works also well. However DXSpider disconnects my script user after
about 20 minutes, probably due to inactivity, because the script only
listens.

Is there a way to deactivate the timeout for a link partner?

Has anyone figured out another, more elegant way to export the DX Spots
from DX-Spider?

Thanks & 73,
Tobias
DH1TW