[Dxspider-support] Exporting Spots from DXSpider

Tobias Wellnitz tobias.wellnitz at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:22:51 BST 2014

Hi Ricardo et all,

I actually would like to avoid using another database, especially when I
have to poll it for new data. I'm already using Redis extensively between
the components of my WebApp. Redis has an easy and reliable
Publish/Subscribe mode.

So thinking about it, the best way might be to push the spots directly from
DXSpider into Redis, using an easy exchangeable format like JSON.

That would eliminate the hassle to "tail -f" the rotating spot .dat files.

@Dirk: Does DXSpider provide any hooks where I could include such an
adapter? I would just need the an array or dict containing the data of the
spot.

73 Tobias
DH1TW