[Dxspider-support] Local.pm / $orignode

Tobias Wellnitz tobias.wellnitz at gmail.com
Sun May 4 23:19:10 BST 2014

Hi Dirk et all,

I've started implementing a routine which pushes the DX Spots as a JSON
String into Redis (Pub/Sub).
In Redis I have several listeners which then process the spots in other
languages (mainly Python).

I think this is more elegant than connecting through Telnet or reading from
the file system. Redis is also blazingly fast (I also use it heavily for
caching).

I put the code in ../local/Local.pm
here is the snippet: http://pastebin.com/aVMQS6sr

The code works. But I've seen that $orignode only contains an number which
is presumably a reference to the Node Object.

How do I get the Node's callsign?

DXChannel has a method get_all_node_calls but I guess it would be way too
much overhead to retrieve with each spot the entire list.

Is there also a possibility to get the Spotter's IP Address?

Thanks & 73,
Tobias
DH1TW