[Dxspider-support] STORABLE problem

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue May 27 15:53:31 BST 2014

On 27/05/14 08:44, eddie wrote:
> How do I fix this ?
> I have tried and it keeps coming back.
> Even reinstalled Dxspider and it is still happening.
> Every time S50DXS  comes up my node crashes.
> Thanks
> 73 Eddie
> ZL2AQY
>
> 1401160611^<- I US7IQZ-1
> PC19^1^S50DXS^0^5455^H25^
> 1401160611^Storable binary image v34.49 more recent than I am (v2.8) at
> /usr0/lib/perl/5.14/Storable.pm line 416.

This is not a DXSpider problem as such. It is a symptom of more than one
perl being installed at once and/or a botched system update.

I am wondering why or how you appear to be using a path for the perl
stuff starting at '/usr0'. What distro are you using? Is there a
'/usr/lib/perl/'? What does 'perl -v' tell us? is there more than one
perl binary and, if so, where are they ('locate perl' may help here)? Do
you have a copy of 'CPanel' installed and, if so, is it completely up to
date? Because there have been a number of DXSpider [amongst many other
perl programs] bugs reported with the CPanel Storable which they claim
are now cured.

One thing you could usefully do is to recreate your user file.

Make sure your DXSpider is up to date using git, CVS (or if needs must:
http://www.dxcluster.org/download/CVSlatest.tgz) then:

* stop the node
* rm /spider/data/users.v3
* perl /spider/data/user_asc