[Dxspider-support] CTY-2409 Country Files - 30 August 2014

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 23:53:01 BST 2014

On 01/09/14 22:44, Fabrizio Alberti wrote:
> I update via GIT on Linux Centos 6 box.
>
> -rw-rw-r--  1 sysop spider    12288 31 ago 12:39 __db.dupefile

I have no idea why it is using this name. But remove it and restart.

The error message means that the dupefile is corrupt, which is usually
caused by a crash or kill -9 or similar. Unfortunately "usually" also
means that it can "just" happen for no obvious reason. That's Berkley DB
for you.

The trouble is that there isn't anything any better out there that has
the same (features, speed, size, simplicity) mix, that is more reliable.
I have tried simulating the features with sqlite3 but it is just as
unreliable. Actually, it may be slightly worse.

And no, whilst there is a way of dumping spots into a mysql database,
mysql isn't the answer either. It's too big, requires too much RAM and
isn't any faster). MySql on 256KB Raspberry Pi? I don't think so.

Dirk G1TLH