[Dxspider-support] Recent CVS update warning messages

Dave Wilson n4dw at chartertn.net
Fri Sep 26 23:47:52 BST 2014

Yesterday I ran CVS to obtain the latest DXSpider version.
I don't usually look critically at the result, but did in this case and
I found the following "warnings".
Question 1> All the "warnings" reference $wrev and I'm wondering if this
has something to do with the date of the current c:\spider\Changes document?
The properties date of c:\spider\Changes is 9/1/14 while the date in the
first line of the file is 30Sep14.
Question 2> Also, I have not restarted the node since running CVS and
I'd like to know if it is safe to do so?
My OS is Win7 & Spider version is 1.55/0.158.

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: `My_Data' is no longer in the repository

cvs update: unable to remove ./My_Data: Permission denied

~~~~
cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: `cmd/Copy (2) of crontab' is no longer in the repository

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: `cmd/Copy of crontab' is no longer in the repository

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307, <STDIN> line
2693.' from cvs server

cvs update: `cmd/Copy of dbavail.pl' is no longer in the repository

~~~~

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307.' from cvs server

cvs update: `perl/spots' is no longer in the repository

cvs update: unable to remove perl/spots: Permission denied

~~~~

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1262.' from cvs server

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value
$wrev in string ne at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1307.' from cvs server

cvs update: `filter/spots/N4DW.pl.1' is no longer in the repository

Thanks,
Dave
n4dw