[Dxspider-support] Increasing size of scrollback buffer in sysop console

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 12:08:49 GMT 2015

Hello all, I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and is rarin' to go in 2016!

I regularly use the sysop console on my GB7DXC-5 node (running on a headless Raspberry
Pi so all accesses are via puTTY and SSH) and have wondered for a while how to increase
the size of the console's scrollback buffer so that I can see, for example, the complete listing
of a 'sh/co/no' command.  Currently when I do this I can't scroll back to the start of the listing
because the start of the list disappears under the 'system' messages in what I understand is
the defined as the 'top screen'.

I know I could set the page length to enable me to see the listing approx 60 lines at a time,
but I would much prefer to be able to scroll back as far as I need to.

I run the 'local' version of console.pl that's in /spider/local, to avoid tampering with the
released version that lives in /spider/perl, and I've already made a couple of minor changes to
the local version of Console.pm to alter some of the fonts used by the console, but because
of my unfamiliarity with PERL I can't see which variable(s) to change to alter the size of the
scrollback buffer so I'll be very grateful for any help and guidance.

Thanks in advance, and HNY when it comes.

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---