[Dxspider-support] Increasing size of scrollback buffer in sysop console

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 29 14:39:30 GMT 2015

On 29 Dec 2015 at 14:10, djk wrote:

> Copy /spider/perl/Console.pm to /spider/local

Hi Dirk, thanks for the reply.

I'd already copied Console.pm into /spider/local and had amended it slightly, some weeks
ago, to change a couple of font colours.

> In there is a variable called '$maxshist' which is set to 500. Change it
> to something bigger. But don't go too mad - a few thousand should be
> sufficient.

I've tried changing '$maxshist' to 2500 and now, when I start the console, I see: 'Page length
is now 2500' but when I do a sh/co/no and then scroll back I still can't see the start of the list -
it still disappears under the system messages in the top of the screen.

I see there's another variable in Console.pm called '$maxkhist' that is currently set to 100;
what does that one do?

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---