[Dxspider-support] Increasing size of scrollback buffer in sysop console

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 10:55:51 GMT 2015

On 29 Dec 2015 at 16:48, djk wrote:

> I would venture that it isn't big enough. You could try doing a manual
> 'set/page 0' after starting the console to see whether that does what
> you want.

I've tried increasing the value to 5000 and also doing a 'set/page 0' after starting the console
and neither of these make any difference to how far I can scroll back through the spots and
other activity in the console window.

The attached screenshot shows what happens when I do a 'sh/co/no' immediately after
starting the console and then try to scroll back - as you'll see the console login messages and
the start of the nodes list (those connected to GB7BAA) have disappeared under the section
of the display that shows the system commands, the last one being to start the console.

I wondered whether the extent to which I can scroll back might be affected by the puTTY
settings I'm using but I've changed the puTTY window setting to allow 5000 lines of
scrollback and this had no effect.

> > I see there's another variable in Console.pm called '$maxkhist' that is currently set to 100;
> > what does that one do?
>
> It is the number of commands that you can up/down arrow in the command
> window.

Understood; I won't tinker with that variable, then!

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---